Speed dating events manchester

20-Jul-2018 01:25 by 5 Comments

Speed dating events manchester

37,500) is a town in Trafford, Greater Manchester, England.

Until the 1820s one of Stretford's main cottage industries was the hand-weaving of cotton.A local dish, known as Stretford goose, was made from pork stuffed with sage and onions.During the 1830s, between 800 and 1,000 pigs a week were being slaughtered for the Manchester market.Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, Bob Marley, Elton John, Hawkwind, Yes, Chaka Khan, Curved Air and Lou Reed were amongst those who appeared.Tangerine Dream was the last band to perform at the Hardrock, on 19 October 1975.The land in the south, close to the River Mersey, was held by Hamon de Mascy, while the land in the north, closer to the River Irwell, was held by Henry de Trafford.

In about 1250, a later Hamon de Mascy gave the Stretford manor to his daughter, Margery.Stretford is contiguous with the suburb of Chorlton-cum-Hardy to the east, and the towns of Urmston to the west, Salford to the north, and Sale to the south. Historically in Lancashire, during much of the 19th century Stretford was an agricultural village, with its own market, known locally as Porkhampton, a reference to the large number of pigs produced for the nearby Manchester market.It was also an extensive market gardening area, producing more than 500 long tons (508 t) of vegetables each week for sale in Manchester by 1845.Among the buildings damaged or destroyed during the war were Manchester United's Old Trafford football ground, All Saints' Church, A memorial to those residents who lost their lives in the bombing was erected in Stretford Cemetery in 1948, over the communal grave of the 17 unidentified people who were killed in the blitz of December 1940.Between 19, what is now the B&Q store in Great Stone Road was the 3,000-capacity Hardrock Theatre and Village Discothèque, hosting some of that period's major artists in their prime.Large recreation areas were established, such as the Royal Botanical Gardens, opened in 1831.